Help with Panic Attacks (Anxiety Disorder)
Hypnotherapy for Panic Attacks, Basildon, Essex
you ever been in a situation where you found yourself gasping to breathe? Or
thought your life was ending? Maybe you felt a surge of fear which crippled
you with physical pain? Or perhaps there are moments where you feel like
you are losing your mind?
If the answer to any of these is "yes" then
you may be one of the many people who suffer with panic attacks.... notice I
said "many" people because you aren't the only one.
Hypnosis could help you learn to deal with your
instead of letting them rule your life! Most people will
become anxious or stressed every now and again, in fact it's completely
normal. But, when you have an anxiety or panic attack it doesn't feel normal
Different people suffer with different symptoms but they might include:
- Pain or tightness in your chest
- Sweating or trembling
- Breathing difficulties
- Anxiety or palpitations
- An increase in your blood pressure and your heart rate
- A feeling that "something awful" may occur
- And sometimes in particularly bad cases, a fear that you may die.
Panic attacks can happen any time, whatever you may be doing and often for
no apparent reason and this unpredictability can be the most upsetting and
stressful aspect of the attacks. The feeling you may suffer an attack
without warning creates a continual state of anxiety, and this constant fear
of panic could lead to the development of a phobia, as you try to avoid
places or situations where you think an attack could occur.
Anxiety attacks are distinguishable from other forms of
stress or anxiety
by their rapid character and the sheer intensity of
feelings. Symptoms of an attack normally peak within 10-15 minutes;
generally most attacks will last for somewhere between five and thirty
Panic attacks can be enormously scary and extreme, but you should always
remember that they are not dangerous and won't cause you any physical harm.
Hypnotherapy uses hypnosis and psychological techniques (such as NLP) to try
and help you to alter harmful thoughts and increase your self-confidence
and ability to relax
If you think you may be suffering with panic/anxiety attacks you should
always consult your doctor first to rule out any medical problems which may
need to be addressed. However if your doctor is happy for you to go ahead
with hypnotherapy as a complementary treatment then maybe it could help you!
Get in touch today about Basildon hypnotherapy
for panic attacks
Coping statements can help with panic attacks
A coping statement is one that is used to replace a negative thought with a
positive one and may help when panic sets in.
- Panic is simply high levels of anxiety
- Everyone experiences anxiety and panic at times; it is totally normal
- Anxiety and panic are not dangerous to me
- I don't need these thoughts - I can choose to think differently.
- Anxiety is there to protect me and not harm me
- I can tolerate the symptoms of panic without letting them getting out of
- Slowing my breathing down can help me to control my anxiety and panic
- My anxiety and panic will pass naturally; it doesn't last forever
- This is an opportunity for me to learn to cope with my fears
- I don't always have to feel completely in control